2018 KIDZ KAMP APPLICATIONS ARE HERE---->
We will begin accepting applications with the $30 registration fee per child to reserve your spot after the Easter Holiday.
Here are some highlights of 2018:
- We begin with a community pool party kick off on Friday night June 1st, with an official start date on Monday, June 5th. Kampers get free admission to the Pool Party.
- We will be available until July 20th with the exception of the week of July 2nd-5th when we will be closed to accommodate the 4th of July festivities in the park on July 3rd.
- Our Kampers will again participate in the Independence Day program this year with a special patriotic presentation. The Concert in the Park and Fireworks for our community is scheduled for Tuesday, July 3rd, we know some will be on vacation that week, but we look forward to having as many as possible participate.
- We provide care from 7:30am until 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Our Kamper’s ages range from boy and girls who have completed PreK this 2016-17 school year and who have finished the 5th grade.
- Volunteers were always welcome and were scheduled according to their availability.
- Weekly activities include implementation of the Character Counts Curriculum through storytelling, reading, games, arts & crafts, science projects, sports, cooking and a variety of other Daily Activities. We had a selection of days that allow the Kampers to express their own style such as Silly Hat Day, Karaoke Days, Baseball Day, Wacky Wednesday and many more.
- Kampers will walk to the Giles County Public Library weekly in the month of June and participated in the Summer Reading Program for which they are rewarded in our final week with a Movie and Ice Cream Sundays from our friends at the Library.
- Kampers will go swimming two to three times per week.
- Parents will be provided with a calendar each week to track what activities are taking place when.
- In the latter portion of the Summer when it is too hot for the Kampers to walk distances, we will have local Community Service Workers visiting us, as well as our friends from TWRA.
- Lunch and two snacks are provided by parents, however, we have “Fun Food Fridays” each week where Kampers could bring in their money to provide lunch from local restaurants. Vending machines and other snacks were available to purchase as well at snack time. To keep Kampers from losing money, we offer an opportunity to keep a small balance for snack times onsite if parent’s so chose.
- There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per child which includes their Kamper T-shirt.
The cost of camp varies:
- For one child: $75 per week or $20 per day / $220 per month / $400 for the Summer if paid in full by June 1st.
- For additional children: $60 per week or $15 per day / $150 per month / $200 for the Summer if paid in full by June 1st.
- Drop In rates for days not pre-scheduled will be $30 per day for the first child and $20 for each additional.
- Applications are available for download from here on our website, www.pulaskiparks.com, or parents may stop by The Rec Center to pick one up and children were enrolled on a first come, first served basis until all spots are full each week.
- Spaces are limited so the earlier the parents return applications the better the chances of your children not being on our Waiting List.
- For more information about our 2018 KIDZ KAMP, feel free to call The Rec anytime Monday-Friday from 8am until 5pm at 931/363-4666 or call/text Mrs Darlene at 931/638-5730.
Thank you to Everyone who helped make our 2017 Summer so fabulous!!
See ya June of 2018 at our Kick-Off of KIDZ KAMP Summer 2018!!!!!
Stay tuned for our 2018 Kidz Kamp Parent Handbooks and Activity Calendars!!